Whether you have just gotten together with your mate or you have been together for years, the topic of money is important. If couples do not discuss money this can lead to many frustrations, disagreements as well as divorce. With discussion couples can at least get on the same page towards creating a very wealthy and fulfilling future. The media has bombarded us with how to survive in a recession. It is my belief that if you focus on surviving that is all you will get; in order to thrive you must both develop a mindset for money and abundance.
Money is always a reflection of what is going on inside (beliefs, values, interests). If you are not happy with your current situation regarding money then you need to set your sights higher and develop the right mindset and habits to accumulate wealth. It will take an absolute commitment from you and your partner to change your thinking as well as apply the following principles to develop habits of success.
Here are 8 surefire ways to open the gate to abundance for you and your partner: (these do not have to be followed in any particular order)
- Decide what you would like to be, do and have. Identify and write down your long-term goals – 3 years, 5 years, 10 years and 20 years from now. Make a list of your short-term goals – weekly, monthly, yearly. Write out what you do want as opposed to what you don’t want. Make your goals SMART (Specific, Measurable, Ambitious, Realistic, Time deadline). For example, “I will make $50,000 by September 30.”
- Identify any beliefs that are limiting you from being wealthy and prosperous. For example, “I don’t deserve to have money,” “There isn’t enough money to go around,” “I don’t believe that I can make $50,000 a year.” Immediately reverse your beliefs to the positive and start affirming them every day.
- Develop an attitude of gratitude. Be grateful for what you have while achieving what you want. Every morning and night, give thanks to all that you have in life. Find as many reasons to give thanks.
- If you are not already doing what you love and making money at it, then discover what you love to do by making a list of your passions. In your spare time, work on the things you love and brainstorm the opportunities of making money with them.
- Make a budget that includes identifying all of your expenses, income and spending habits. Once you have identified them, implement the 70/30 rule. Budget to live on seventy percent of your net income. The other thirty percent allot to charity (10%), capital investments (10%) and savings (10%).
- Remove the clutter from your life – simplify. Once you clean up any messes in your life, doors will open for you to focus on activities that can make you more money.
- Surround yourself with your images of wealth and prosperity. Put up pictures, quotes and sayings around your house or work environment. Also, surround yourself with people who have positive influences in regards to wealth and prosperity.
- Review and visualize your goals daily. Imagine every day as if you have already achieved your goal. This will motivate you to complete your goals.
Remember that life is a journey and along the way you will reach many destinations as well as hit many road bumps. Keep your head up high, stay focused and know that you and your partner have the power and magic to create a wealth and abundant life together.
Mental Programming Expert